is a project aimed at providing protection of elderly people with special attention given to activities that raise awareness and prevent different forms of violence towards elderly.
1. Education of elderly people about their rights and social rights, specially about personal care agreements (lectures, public lectures and a booklet)
2. Legal counseling (in person) concerning three areas: elder abuse, social care rights, and legal concerns about personal care agreements
3. Psychological counseling for elder victims of violence (in person)
4. Public lecture for caregivers that take care of elderly people as prevention of burnout syndrome.
5. Lifelong learning workshops and quality free time spending activities for elderly: “Tuesday with retirees” (interactive IT workshops, conducted by partner organization CTK Rijeka once a month) and art workshops for encouraging creativity and social inclusion of elderly (sculpting and watercolor workshops). A public exhibition will be held with artworks created in the workshops.
6. Raising awareness about elder abuse campaign: promotional video and distribution of flyers and promotion materials
SOS Rijeka – centre for nonviolence and human rights is implementing this project in partnership with CTK Rijeka, ELAN savjetovanje, Social Welfare Centre Rijeka, and Senior Housing and Nursing Homes “Kantrida” Rijeka, “Volosko” Opatija and “Mali Kartec” Krk .
The project is funded by The Ministry of Demographics, Family, Youth and Social Policy.
The booklet about personal care agreements (in Croatian) can be downloaded here (http://sos-rijeka.org/predavanje-o-ugovorima-o-dosmrtnom-i-dozivotnom-uzdrzavanju/brosura-ugovori-o-dozivotnom-i-dosmrtnom-uzdrzavanju-final/ )